We Support Buy1GIVE1
In January 2011, the National College of Business became a Business Member of Buy1GIVE1, an initiative transforming charitable giving from being ad-hoc or one-off to a continuous and automated process.
"Imagine how great you’d feel if every time you sold something, something GREAT happened. B1G1 exists to make it possible — to give your business the power to change lives. Simply, effectively, efficiently and most importantly, habitually."
From 2011, every time a new Friend is welcomed into the NCB - that's every time a new participant starts in a program at the College - a B1G1 community project is funded. This happens automatically, and does not affect the investment of our Friend, whatsoever (unless you count the fact that by investing in their education and future they have inspired and enabled us to invest in the future of underprivelaged communities worldwide).
In the first 2 months of being a B1G1 Business Member we have directly:
- Given 13,140 people access to clean water for a day
- Given 3,200 people internet or phone connection for a day
- Given 2,521 children education support for a day
- Given 200 people in need a nourishing meal
- Given 120 children in need a meal at school
- Given 110 people in need transportation for a day
- Given 100 children a special life education program
- Given 100 school teachers a full days wage
- Planted 80 trees to nurture the environment
- Given 42 people occupational training for a day
- Given 12 people in need accommodation for a day
- Given 1 family a goat to provide sustainable income
Because we are a hub for business and therefore are connected to thousands of other Australian businesses, we have also been able to introduce the concept of B1G1 to more businesses who are looking to make a difference to the world.
Through our Leveraged Giving Impact after 4 weeks we have also been involved in:
- Giving 367,068 children education support for a day
- Giving 25,432 people access to clean water for a day
- Giving 10,950 people in need accommodation for a day
- Giving 700 square meters of rainforest protection
- Giving 365 children a life education program for a day
- Giving 300 people improvement of personal hygiene for a day
- Giving 150 children in need a meal at school
- Giving 110 children computer education for a day
- Planting 50 trees to nurture the environment
- Giving 40 people in need transportation for a day
- Giving 25 people in need a nourishing meal
- Giving 22 people a special gift
- Giving 5 children a special life education program
- Giving 3 families goats to provide sustainable income
- Giving 1 person in need required medication
To get a visual impact on what is possible through B1G1, check out our B1G1 World clip...
We're really excited to continue working with B1G1 to create a better world and create success in communities all over the world to fulfill over and above on our intention. For more information about B1G1 visit the B1G1 Website. While you're there, check out the NCB Story.